Polygonal Dust Collector
Dust filtration is based on elimination of extremely small solid particles from a certain quantity of air. This is achieved through use of a filter made from fabric or non-woven spun-bonded materials which allows air to pass through but is able to withhold the dust particles. To avoid clogging, the filter medium must be cleaned at regular intervals.
The polygonal range includes versions with weather protection cover without fan, as well as models with suction fan or a coupling for the connection with an existing fan. The filter media are cleaned either by mechanical vibration, as in the case of the FV filter model, or by a compressed air jet. Depending on the type of dust and the application of the unit, polygonal filters are equipped with pockets, elliptical bags, cylindrical bags, cartridges, or with innovative POLYPLEAT® elements which offer the most favorable filter surface to volume ratio.
According to the conditions on site, dust collectors are available with vertically or horizontally mounted filter elements. Insertable versions without filter housing are an option when little space is available. The filter media itself can be made of needlefelt, different qualities of plain or surface treated non-woven polyester in standard or antistatic version and of various other materials, again depending on the type of dust to be filtered.
Dust collection from a plasma cutting machine is one example showing the working principle which applies to all polygonal air jet-cleaned Dust Filters. In this case dust is sucked off from collection compartments below the cutting area through tubular ducts into a hopper. A special diffusor then separates the heavier particles from the lighter ones which rise up to the filter. On top of the hopper a polygonal air jet filter with horizontally mounted pocket elements and an incorporated suction fan is installed in order to hold back the dust.
The contaminated air is sucked into the filter body. While the dust settles on the outside of the pockets, the air penetrates the filtering media and escapes through the clean air outlet of the fan. To keep the media clean, groups of filter pockets are cleaned alternately by compressed air jets shot inside the pockets. An electronic panel controls both the sequence and the length of the intervals at which the solenoid valves fitted to the air distributors release air from the externally mounted pressure tank. This so-called reverse air jet passes from inside the pockets through the media removing the layer of dust on the outside of the filter pockets.
The dust particles fall back down into the hopper. The great advantage of the air jet cleaning system, compared to mechanically cleaned filters, is that it is possible to clean the filter while it is working. Consequently, air jet filters become an obligatory choice for continuous operation.
- Minimum: 3m² (32 sq. ft.)
- Maximum: 54m² (583 sq. ft.)
- Minimum: 250m³/h (147 cu. ft. per min.)
- Maximum: 6,500m³/h (3,828 cu. ft. per min.)
Components & Variants:
- Standard weather protection cover
- Suction fan
- Cover with coupling for pipe connection to an existing suction fan
- Compressed air jet cleaning system
- Special version with vibrator cleaning system (only for discontinuous operation)
- Horizontally insertable filters
- Vertically insertable filters
- Horizontal and vertical filters with housing
Only for vertically mounted filter media:
- Filter bags with elliptical cross section
- Filter bags with circular cross section
- Filter cartridges
- Dust collection hopper with bin
- Dust collection hopper with diffuser and bin
Innovation and Advantages:
- Standard stainless steel body and robust design
- Versatile use of polymer composites
- Dust collector can be turned easily into food grade version
- Quick access to filter media from the clean air side; compressed air cleaning system integrated in access door
- Extendible lever frame for effortless opening of heavy top covers of larger size vertical filters
- Filter media are polymer cast.
- Innovative POLYPLEAT® filter media with increased filter surface available for both vertical and horizontal versions
- Perfect fit of filter elements thanks to push-in system
- Minimum pressure loss due to special air diverter distribution modules
- Venturi inserts guarantee maximum efficiency of air jet
- Electro-valves located outside access door
- Special design of air jet blowing system minimizes pressure drop
- Special pre-tensioning device for circular and elliptical bag-type filter elements
- Standard after shut down cleaning cycle
Client applications of this product.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
Bulk drugs and medical chemical powders
Hindustan Lever Ltd.
Manufacturing line of tea, for broken leaves and / or dust
Over 1700 successful material handling projects in India and abroad, and 31 years of international expertise — we command exceptional competence in German engineering.
Click mouse or tap touch_app to learn more more about us and our company.
The most prestigious companies in the industry have been relying on our products and services for years. No matter the challenge, we know how to deliver a solution.
Click mouse or tap touch_app to learn more about the customers we have worked with.
From design and manufacturing tailored to specific needs, all the way through onsite erection and commissioning — we're here from start to finish. And beyond.
Click mouse or tap touch_app to learn more about our facilities and services.